Fee Structure and Mode of Payment
The fee is charged on Semester basis and it becomes due two weeks earlier than the start of a semester at the time of course registration.
Fees are paid in the bank through bank challan available in Accounts Office/Flex.
All fees are non-Refundable
All fees are non-refundable (except security deposit) and also the University reserves the right to review the fee structure from time to time. Any revision of fees would be uniformly applicable to all students of the University.
Financial Assistance (Loan)
FAST, being a non-profit organization, charges subsidized fees from all its students. Realizing that even the subsidized fee may not be affordable for some of its students. FAST tries to arrange financial assistance in the form of loan for such indigent students. This assistance is subject to renewal every semester in the light of the student's academic performance and financial need. The financial assistance is limited to tuition fees only and is discontinued if the student's CGPA falls below 2.00 for undergraduate degree and 2.5 for graduate degree.
The repayment of loan starts three months after graduation or getting a job, whichever is earlier. The total amount has to be repaid within a period of four years after graduation. Students are required to sign to this effect.
All those who are admitted and are in real need of financial assistance should apply on the prescribed Financial Aid form. A notice to this effect will be posted on the notice board.
Merit Scholarships for Bachelor Students
- Merit scholarship is awarded to the Top Three position holders of each Examination Board.
- Scholarship is also offered to top three position holders in the NU admission merit list of each campus.
- Students awarded merit Scholarship, 100% tuition fee for 8 regular semesters must maintain a CGPA of ≥ 3.00 in each semester.
- Awarded as per provincial laws and regulation.
- Sindh Government Endowment Board Scholarships
- Punjab Educational Endowment Fund (PEEF) Scholarships
- Baluchistan Government Endowment Board Scholarship
- Realizing that fees may not be affordable for some of the students, FAST-NU arranges financial assistance in the form of interest-free study loans for bright indigent students.
HEC Scholarships for MS and PhD students
The Higher Education Commission (HEC) provides liberal scholarships to students desirous of studying for MS and PhD degrees at this university. The scholarship covers tuition fee, monthly stipend, and book allowance.
Rules for Internal Sponsorships
Internal sponsorships are available for
Studying in regular semesters (spring
and Fall). Following is the maximum number of semesters for which it can
Bachelors 8 semesters Masters 4 semesters PhD 6 semesters
- It shall not be available for repeat or withdrawn course. This implies that it is available for studying a course only once.
- It is suspended if the student’s CGPA falls below the minimum specified to avoid warning and shall be restored upon getting out of warning by improvement in CGPA.
- It shall be, limited to tuition fee only.
- OSAF (Old Students Association of FAST) arranges financial assistance for those students who cannot afford to pay their full fee.
- FAST Alumni of North America provide funds for financial assistance for students who cannot afford to pay their full fee.
Ihsan Trust Financial Assistance
- Ihsan Trust financial assistance for students who cannot afford to pay their full fee.
- In addition to the above scholarships there are various community-based scholarships offered by various committees and foundations such as, Memon Community Scholarships, Bohra Community Scholarships, Agha Khan Foundation Scholarships, Ihsan Trust Sponsorship, General Refaqat Memorial Scholarship, etc.