Master of Science (Artificial Intelligence)
The MS (Artificial Intelligence) comprises of both course work as well as research component. There are three core courses aimed at strengthening the understanding and competence of students in artificial intelligence fundamentals. The University expects its MS (Artificial Intelligence) graduates to pursue careers as Al experts in either academia or industry.Award of Degree
For the award of MS degree, a student must have:
- Passed courses totaling at least 30 credit hours, including four core courses
- Obtained a CGPA of 2.5 or more.
- Degree in relevant subject of Science or Engineering, earned from a recognized university after 16 years of education AND
- At least 60% marks or CGPA of at least 2.0(on a scale of 4.0).
- Past Academic Record (Bachelor): 50%
- Performance in NU MS Admission Test: 50%
Typical course load in a semester is four courses. However, NUCES staff cannot register for more than two courses in a semester. In the second semester, a student has the option to pursue MS by undertaking either a 6 credit hour MS Thesis or Project, spread over two regular semesters.
Note: Applied Programming course is of No Credit (NC), but it must be passed.
Registration in "MS Thesis/ Project — I" is allowed provided the student has
- Earned at least 15 credits
- Passed the “Research Methodology” course
- CGPA is equal to or more than 2.5
Program Educational Objectives (PEO)
- To produce professionals who fulfil the requirements of the national and international market of artificial intelligence products.
- To equip students to transform data into actionable insights that enable them to make intelligent business decisions.
- To enable students to apply computational, statistical, and machine learning techniques to process large and complex data sets.
- To enable students to conceive and execute artificial intelligence projects.
Program Learning Outcomes (PLOs)
- Create autonomous systems/ agents for solving complex real-world problems.
- Apply the tools and techniques to make a strategically important impact on industry and society.
- Pursue doctoral studies within the domain of Artificial Intelligence at top-ranked institutes of the world.
- Take a leadership role in both AI academia and industry.
- Students shall have the ability to make effective oral and written presentations on technical topics.