BS (Business Analytics)
Those who have taken the HSSC or an equivalent examination and are awaiting result are also eligible to apply. The four-year undergraduate programs of full time study are divided into eight semesters.
The BS Business Analytics is a dynamic degree program aimed to provide strong analytical and critical thinking abilities to the students who wish to harness the power of data analysis to facilitate decision-making processes in organizations and solve business problems. The program is a blend of business knowledge, analytical tools, statistical techniques and computer applications for solving real business problems. Thus the program prepares the next generation of managers with expertise to manage and analyze data for solving the pressing challenges faced by organization in management, HRM, finance, operations and marketing. The program follows a hands-on approach through which students will use the knowledge of business management, technology and the power of data analytics to create value for their organization. The program emphasizes on the development of all-rounded communications and soft skills, analytical reasoning skills, ethical decision making and problem-solving capabilities.Career Opportunities
In the rapidly growing field of big data and analytics, there is a high demand for skilled professionals who can leverage analytics to translate unstructured data into valuable business insights. The BS BA degree provides a diverse range of career opportunities for the graduates including business analysts, operations analysts, people analysts, financial analysts, and market or consumer analysts.
Award of Degree
For the award of BS (Business Analytics) degree, a student must have:
- Passed courses totalling at least 130 credit hours, including all those courses which have been specified as Core courses.
- Obtained a CGPA of at least 2.00
- At least 60% marks in SSC (Matric) or an equivalent examination (such as O-levels) AND
- Should have studied for HSSC or an equivalent qualification, for at least two years AND
- At least 50% marks in HSSC or an equivalent qualification
- 50% weight to higher percent score of SSC (or an equivalent exam) OR HSSC (or an equivalent exam) AND
- 50% weight to marks obtained in Admission Test
- Cut-off marks in the NTS-NAT IE, NAT ICS, NAT-ICOM or NAT-IGS exam to be determined by the University
Note: Registration in “Project-I” is allowed provided the student has earned at least 100 credit hours, and his/her CGPA is equal to or greater than the graduating CGPA (2.0).