BS (Accounting & Finance)
Those who have taken the HSSC or an equivalent examination and are awaiting result are also eligible to apply. The four-year undergraduate programs of full time study are divided into eight semesters.
Accounting & Finance are the most significant and critical areas in the system of free enterprise. Good financial management is, therefore, vitally important to the economic health of business organizations. However, the constant shifts in economic conditions, intense competition for financial resources and questionable business practices have made financial management a complex and challenging undertaking. The BS Accounting & Finance program is designed to prepare students to meet the challenges posed by this complex but exciting area that has assumed much greater importance in the wake of the recent financial crisis in the world. This crisis has taught us that prudent financial management could mean the difference between a successful and an unsuccessful business enterprise. BS Accounting & Finance is tailored to first impart a broad-based education in the fundamentals of business and management and then develop the quantitative and analytical skills necessary to become prudent, astute and ethical financial managers.Career Opportunities
There are a number of pathways to choose from including audit, taxation, budget analysis, financial accounting and management accounting.Degree Requirements
For the award of BS (Accounting & Finance) degree, a student must have:
- Passed courses totaling at least 131 credit hours, including all those courses which have been specified as Core courses
- Obtained a CGPA of at least 2.00
- At least 60% marks in SSC (Matric) or an equivalent examination (such as O-levels) AND
- Should have studied for HSSC or an equivalent qualification, for at least two years AND
- At least 50% marks in HSSC or an equivalent qualification
- 50% weight to higher percent score of SSC (or an equivalent exam) OR HSSC (or an equivalent exam) AND
- 50% weight to marks obtained in Admission Test
- Cut-off marks in the NTS-NAT IE, NAT ICS, NAT-ICOM or NAT-IGS exam to be determined by the University
Note: Registration in “Final Year Project-I” is allowed provided the student has earned at least 98 credit hours, and his/her CGPA is equal to or greater than the graduating CGPA (2.0).