BS (Data Science)
Those who have taken the HSSC or an equivalent examination and are awaiting result are also eligible to apply. The four-year undergraduate programs of full time study are divided into eight semesters.
By the time of graduation, the students develop an ability to:
- Apply knowledge of computing and mathematics that is appropriate for the program.
- Analyse a problem and define computing requirements that are appropriate to its solution.
- Design, implement, and evaluate a computer-based system, process, component or program to meet desired needs.
- Work in a team to accomplish a common goal.
- Understand professional, ethical, and social issues and responsibilities.
- Communicate effectively with different audiences.
- Learn programming for large-sized datasets
- Identify useful and hidden patterns from data.
- Improve decision making skills by mining data from various aspects.
- Solve real world problems by applying mathematical and computational approaches.
- Change the world for the better – in areas like healthcare, transportation, and education etc.
For the award of BS (Data Science) degree, a student must have:
- Passed courses with a total of at least 132 credit hours, including all those courses that have been specified as core courses
- Obtained a CGPA of at least 2.00
- At least 60% marks in SSC (Matric) or an equivalent examination AND
- At least 50% marks in the HSSC or an equivalent examination.
- Must have studied Mathematics at the HSSC level.
Admission on the basis of NTS-NAT Marks
- Selection is based on marks obtained in NTS NAT IE, or NAT-ICS.
- Cut-off marks to be determined by the University.
Admission on the basis of NU Admission Test
- Merit List is prepared by assigning 50% weight to marks obtained in Intermediate (part-I) (or an equivalent exam) AND
- 50% weight is assigned to score obtained in NU Admission Test.
- In case, Intermediate result is not available, Matriculation marks are used and multiplied by a factor of 0.9 (to equate it to average Intermediate marks).
Admission on the basis of SAT score
- Combined score of 1,500 or more in the SAT-I examination AND
- At least 550 in the SAT-II (Math Level IIC) examination.