MS (Electrical Engineering)
This program prepares a graduate in Electrical Engineering to acquire expertise in a particular area. In the final year, the student normally undertakes a thesis. This may be undertaken in collaboration with the industry, under the guidance of industry experts and a faculty supervisor from the University.
A student has the option to pursue MS by undertaking either a 6 credit hour MS Thesis or MS Project, spread over two regular semesters.
Typical course load in a semester is four courses. However, NUCES staff cannot register for more than two courses in a semester.Award of Degree
For the award of MS degree, a student must have:
- Passed courses totalling at least 31 credit hours, including THREE Core courses
- Obtained a CGPA of at least 2.5
- Bachelor Degree in a relevant engineering discipline (Electrical, Telecommunications, or Computer engineering, etc.), recognized by Pakistan Engineering Council (PEC).
- Minimum CGPA of 2.0 (on a scale of 4.0) or at least 60% marks.
- Past Academic Record (Bachelor): 40%
- Performance in NU MS Admission Test: 60%
Note : Registration in “Project – I” is allowed provided the student has:
- Earned at least 19 credits
- Passed the “Research Methodology” course;
- CGPA is equal to or more than 2.5
Core Courses for MS (Electrical Engineering)
- CS524 Adv. Computer Networks
- EE506 Adv. Digital Signal Processing
- EE522 Adv. Embedded Systems
- EE528 Linear Systems
- EE523 Analog & Discrete Electronics
- EE545 Adv. Probability Theory
- EE529 Adv. Power System Modelling & Analysis