BS (Computer Science)
Those who have taken the HSSC or an equivalent examination and are awaiting result are also eligible to apply. The four-year undergraduate programs of full time study are divided into eight semesters.
- Impart in-depth understanding of Computer Science field according to international standards
- Convert understanding to innovations
- Build diverse careers in Computer Science as productive IT professionals and entrepreneurs for the socio-economic development
- Prepare students for the graduate level studies and research
- Develop effective communication, management and leadership skills
- Impart professional ethics and collaborative team player abilities
- Students will be able to possess essential knowledge and overview of the general area of computer science, and its applications
- Students will be able to think creatively and critically and build logic and solve non trivial problems
- Students will be able to demonstrate basic concepts of programming, data structures, operating systems, algorithms, databases, artificial intelligence, and computer networking
- Students will be able to exhibit fundamental software engineering, object oriented analysis & design concepts by developing and managing software projects
- Students will be able to address ethical, social, and environmental issues in their professional life and will practice professional and ethical responsibilities
- Students will be able to apply concepts and techniques from computing and mathematics to both theoretical and practical problems
- Students will be able to communicate their knowledge, experience, and ideas at national and international level
- Students will be able to pursue their careers as Software engineer, Programmer, Web developer, Games programmer or Computer graphic designer
- Students will be able to work effectively in multi-disciplinary teams
- Students will be able to pursue graduate level studies and research
Your career prospects will be excellent: You may become a software engineer, programmer, web developer, games programmer or computer graphic designer.Award of Degree
For the award of BS (Computer Science) degree, a student must have:
- Passed courses totalling at least 130 credit hours, including all those courses which have been specified as Core courses.
- Obtained a CGPA of at least 2.00
- At least 60% marks in SSC (Matric) or an equivalent examination AND
- At least 50% marks in the HSSC or an equivalent examination.
- Must have studied Mathematics at the HSSC level.
Admission on the basis of NTS-NAT Marks
- Selection is based on marks obtained in NTS NAT IE, or NAT-ICS.
- Cut-off marks to be determined by the University.
Admission on the basis of NU Admission Test
- Merit List is prepared by assigning 50% weight to marks obtained in Intermediate (part-I) (or an equivalent exam) AND
- 50% weight is assigned to score obtained in NU Admission Test.
- In case, Intermediate result is not available, Matriculation marks are used and multiplied by a factor of 0.9 (to equate it to average Intermediate marks).
Admission on the basis of SAT score
- Combined score of 1,000 or more in the SAT-I examination AND
- At least 550 in the SAT-II (Math Level IIC) examination.
Note: Registration in “Project-I” is allowed provided the student has earned at least 100 credit hours, and his/her CGPA is equal to or greater than the graduating CGPA (2.0).