FAST School of Management
Dr. Muhammad Akhtar is Assistant Professor at NUCES, FAST School of Management, Islamabad Campus. He belongs to cost and management accountants community and possesses both professional and academic qualifications. He has seven years of extensive experience of industrial audit and investigation, gained by working with FBR (Federal Board of Revenue), NAB Punjab (National Accountability Bureau, Punjab) and AGP (Office of the Auditor General of Pakistan). He is a fellow member of ICMAP (Institute of Cost and Management Accountants of Pakistan), and Associate member of PIPFA (Pakistan Institute of Public Finance Accountants). He also has specialization in Government Accounts. His MS (Finance) is from Riphah International University, Islamabad, and PhD Management Sciences (Finance) from Air University, Islamabad, Pakistan. From last nine years he has been associated with academics.
His area of research is financial literacy, investment management and financial reporting. He has supervised graduate level thesis in the following areas: financial literacy, investment intentions, personality, stock market participation, behavioral basis, investment decision, financial risk preference and investor behavior. He has presented many research papers in national and international conferences. He has also served as professional trainer with HBL, OGDCL, IRM, NRSP, Wapda Staff College and NCRD (Ministry of Professional & Technical Development) Government of Pakistan. His area of training expertise includes financial management, funds management, budgeting, taxation and finance for non finance managers.
- Ph.D(Management (Finance)), Air University, Islamabad, Pakistan (2017)
- FCMA, Fellow member of Institute of Cost and Management Accountants of Pakistan (ICMAP), Islamabad, Pakistan (2012)
- PGD(Professional Ethics & Teaching Methodology), Riphah International University, Islamabad, Pakistan (2012)
- M.S(Management (Finance)), Riphah International University, Islamabad, Pakistan (2011)
- SAS, Subordinate Accounts Services (Public Sector), Pakistan Institute of Public Finance Accountants (PIPFA), Islamabad, Pakistan (2006)
- APA, Associate member of Pakistan Institute of Public Finance Accountants (PIPFA), Islamabad, Pakistan (2003)
- B.Com, University of the Punjab, Lahore, Pakistan (1997)