MS (Management Sciences)
The MS in Management program is designed to develop the intellectual ability of researchers through understanding the academic body of knowledge in the field of Management Sciences with specializations in Human Resource Management, Marketing and Finance. Aligned with the mission of the School, that is, to discover and impart culturally and globally relevant knowledge in management sciences, the program is designed to facilitate scholars uncover the classic and recent global and regional body of knowledge and prepare them to generate knowledge and solutions, particularly for local and regional businesses, industry and society. The program is essentially research oriented and focuses on academic research having practical applications in real life. It is primarily suitable for those who want to pursue a career in academia but is also appropriate for those who want to pursue professional careers where advanced data analysis and report writing skills are required. The program can also help candidates evaluate their aptitude, strengths and weaknesses for their candidacy in PhD programs.
The key learning outcomes of the MS program are:
- To develop the intellectual ability to think broadly and more deeply about the theory, beliefs and values at the root of business activities.
- To cultivate the desire, knowledge and ability to conduct research independently.
- To contribute towards the development of new ideas, theories and business models.
The electives can be taken from graduate level courses in the Faculty of Management Sciences with the recommendation of the supervisor.
Award of Degree
- Passed courses totalling at least 30 credit hours, including all those courses which have been specified as Core courses
- Obtained a CGPA of at least 2.5
- A Bachelor's degree in a relevant subject, earned from a recognized university after a minimum of 16 years of education with at least 60 percent marks or a CGPA of at least 2.0/4.0 or equivalent. The students must have taken two courses in each of the main streams of Accounting, Finance, Marketing and Management.
- A minimum of 50% marks and at least 50 percentile rank in NTS in the NTS GAT-General OR at least 1,800 score (out of 2,400) in International GRE and at least 4 out of 6 in analytical writing. The scores should be valid at the time of admission.
- Past Academic Record (Bachelor): 50%
- Performance in NU subject Admission Test: 50%
Note 1: Registration in “MS Thesis-I” is allowed provided the student has:
- Earned at least 18 credits
- CGPA is equal to or more than 2.5