BS (Internet of Things)
Those who have taken the HSSC or an equivalent examination and are awaiting result are also eligible to apply. The four-year undergraduate programs of full time study are divided into eight semesters.
The mission of BS (Internet of Things) degree is to
- Develop a interdisciplinary program that delivers intimate understanding of the principles of internet-connected devices by merging the relevant aspects of mathematics, electronics, data communications and computing.
- Create industry professionals that can harness the benefits of this rapidly growing field by equipping them with a broad foundation and deep domain expertise of this field.
- Develop a healthy environment for delivering quality education through discovery and innovation to solve real-world problems.
- Develop IOT/CPS expertise in a broad range of industries
- Design and customize IOT systems on the edge as well as on the cloud
- Effective communicate IOT ideas to an interdisciplinary corporate environment
- Deploy IOT systems in home and industrial automation.
- Contribute as team leaders in the socio-economic development at national and international level.
The graduates will be able to choose from a wide range of opportunities in industry, commerce, government and academia. The graduates will have career prospects in the sectors involving embedded computing, software application development, information systems, networking, electronic design of IoT devices, installation/commissioning of IoT devices, hardware-software integration of IoT devices, and cyber security etc.Award of Degree
For the award of BS (Internet of Things) degree, a student must have:
- Passed courses totalling at least 136 credit hours, including all those courses which have been specified as Core courses.
- Obtained a CGPA of at least 2.00
- At least 60% marks in SSC (Matric) or an equivalent examination (such as O-levels) AND
- Should have studied for HSSC or an equivalent qualification, for at least two years AND
- At least 60% marks in the Pre-Engineering or an equivalent examination
- 50% weight to higher percent score of SSC (or an equivalent exam) OR HSSC (or an equivalent exam) AND
- 50% weight to marks obtained in Admission Test
- Cut-off marks in the NTS-NAT IE exam to be determined by the University
- Combined score of 1,000 or more in the SAT-I examination AND
- At least 550 in the SAT-II (Math Level IIC) examination.
Note: Registration in “Project-I” is allowed provided the student has earned at least 100 credit hours, and his/her CGPA is equal to or greater than the graduating CGPA (2.0).