Department of Electrical Engineering
Engr. Arslan Ahmed Amin M.Sc. Engg., M.B.A., B.Sc. Engg. is a Professional Electrical & Instrumentation Engineer with more than 8.5 years of extensive industrial and academic experience. He specializes in Control Systems Engineering with a particular focus on automation and instrumentation. In the industry, he has worked in various domains such as Electrical Power Network and Distribution, Power Systems Control, Engineering Drawings, Codes & Standards, P&ID Reading, Interpretation & Developing, PLC, SCADA, DCS, Process Control, SIS, SIL, ESD, and Alarm Management Systems. In the academics, he has taught courses: Basic Electronics, Electrical and Electronics Systems, Instrumentation and Control Systems, Textile Engineering Utilities and Services to the textile engineering students for three semesters in the National Textile University, Faisalabad. He obtained Bachelors and Master’s degrees in Electrical Engineering from the University of Engineering and Technology, Lahore and M.B.A. with specialization in ‘Management’. He is currently teaching as Lecturer (Electrical Engineering) in the FAST National University of Computer and Emerging Sciences Chiniot-Faisalabad Campus and is pursuing Ph.D. in Control Systems from University of Engineering and Technology, Lahore.
- Fault-Tolerant Control Systems
- Industrial Automation and Control
- Control Systems Reliability
- Safety Control Systems
- Non-Linear Control
- Control System Stability and Design
- Arslan Ahmed Amin, Khalid Mahmood-ul-Hasan, “Advanced Fault Tolerant Air-Fuel Ratio Control of Internal Combustion Gas Engine for Sensor and Actuator Faults", Accepted in IEEE Access, Impact Factor: 3.557, Jan 2019.
- Arslan Ahmed Amin, Khalid Mahmood-ul-Hasan, "Robust active fault-tolerant control for internal combustion gas engine for air-fuel ratio control with statistical regression-based observer model ", Measurement and Control, Impact Factor: 0.878, Jan 2019, Published online.
- Arslan Ahmed Amin, Nazia Rafiq, Shrafat Ali Sair, "A Study on Motivation Level of Employees and Its Relationship with the Leadership Styles Prevailing in A Public-Sector Oil and Gas Organization", Science International Lahore, ISSN 1013-5316, Vol. 28, No. 4, (2016), pp.4
- Arslan Ahmed Amin, Khalid Mahmood-Ul-Hasan, "Advanced Anti-Surge Control Algorithm for Turbine Driven Centrifugal Compressors", Science International Lahore ISSN 1013-5316, Vol. 27, No. 3, (2015), pp.3
- Selected for prestigious Fulbright PhD USA Scholarship
- Among Top 10 students in the session of 240 students in B.Sc. Electrical Engineering.
- Received Deans Honor Role award in consecutive five semesters for excellent academic performance in B.Sc. Electrical Engineering.
- Represented as Talent of Pakistan Youth in China
- Overall Top and 1st position in F.Sc. Intermediate Exam securing first time more than a thousand marks (1002/1100) in Faisalabad.
- Achieved Prestigious Quaid-e-Azam National Talent Scholarship
- Gold medal and Sanad-e-Imtiaz Winner in District Level All Schools Science Quiz Competition Faisalabad.
- M.Sc(Electrical Engineering), University of Engineering & Technology, Lahore, Pakistan (2015)
- MBA, Virtual University of Pakistan, Pakistan (2014)
- B. Sc(Electrical Engineering), University of Engineering & Technology, Lahore, Pakistan (2010)