Dr. Ejaz Ahmed
Department of Computer SciencePhone: (051) 111-128-128
Dr. Ejaz Ahmed is working as a faculty member in Computer Science department in National University of Computer and Emerging Sciences (NUCES-FAST), Islamabad. He is qualified PhD from Bedfordshire University UK in 2011. He has his MS in Computer Science from the Coventry University, UK in 1995. Prior to joining NUCES-FAST, he was working as Assistant Professor in KFUPM Saudi Arabia. He has extensive experience in IT industry (software development) worked in Canada, UK and Saudi Arabia. His areas of research are Databases, Grid Computing, Cloud Computing, Information Systems and Software Applications Architecture. He is an author of two technical books on Oracle published in 1998-1999. He has an extensive experience in industrial, research based projects along with Journals/ Conferences publications. He has an excellent amount of experience on developing/ implementing many commercial software applications (ERP-Oracle/SAP) for his software development in Financial & Taxation, Oil Explorations, Health Care and Pharmaceutical domains.
- Zubaida Rehman, Ejaz Ahmed, “Keyword Search on Form Results with Hybrid Approach”, 2016 IEEE International Conference on Cloud Computing and Big Data Analysis (ICCCBDA 2016), Chengdu, China, July 5-7, 2016.
- Ejaz Ahmed, Nik Bessis, Yong Yue, Peter Norrington “A Prototyping Development of ArabGRID Toolkit using MML-GSCATS Methodology”, 25th IEEE International Conference on Advanced Information Networking and Applications (AINA-2011), pp. 679-775, Singapore, 2011.
- Ejaz Ahmed, Nik Bessis, Yong Yue, M. Sarfraz, “Data Mapping, Matching and Loading using Grid Services”, 24th AINA IEEE International Conference, Advanced Information Networking and Applications, pp. 1158-1164, Perth, Australia, 2010
- Ejaz Ahmed, Nik Bessis, Yong Yue, “Customizing Interactive Patient’s Diagnosis User Interface”, The Third International Conference on the Applications of Digital Information and Web Technologies (ICADIWT), pp. 176-179, Turkey, 2010
- Ejaz Ahmed, Nik Bessis, Yong Yue, Mohammad Sarfraz, “Matching Multiple Elements in Grid Databases: A Practical Approach”, 2nd International Conference on Digital Information Management (ICDIM IEEE 2008), pp. 757-762, London, UK, November 2008
- Ejaz Ahmed, Techniques for Customizing Patient’s Diagnosis User Interface, PubMed, MedNet Conference, Toronto, Canada., 2006
- Ejaz Ahmed, Kenneth Revett, Verification of data in staging schema, mapping between source tables and Materialized Views, pp. 200-204, EKDB&W EPIA, IEEE, 2005
- Ejaz Ahmed, Kenneth Revett, Utilizing Staging tables in Data Integration to load data into Materialized Views, Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg, CIS 2004, LNCS 3314, pp. 685-691, 2004
- Ejaz Ahmed, Data Engineering-Data Warehouse and Data Mining, Special Databases, Bahrain Conventional Center IEEE Conference, May 2003
- Ejaz Ahmed, Nik Bessis, Peter Norrington, Yong Yue, “Data Integration: The Method of Data Mapping, Matching and Loading Grid Staging Catalogue”, International Journal of Computer Systems Science & Engineering (CSSE), ISSN: 0267-6192, ISI Indexed JIF: 0.524, Volume 27, 2012.
- Ejaz Ahmed, Nik Bessis, Yong Yue, Peter Norrington, “Managing Inconsistencies in Data Grid Environments: A Practical Approach”, International Journal of Grid and High Performance Computing (IJGHPC), vol. 2(4), ISSN 1938-0259, ACM Digital Library, SCOPUS, INSPEC ISI Indexed, pp. 51-64, 2011.
- Ejaz Ahmed, Nik Bessis, Waseem Shahzad, “Data Matching: An Algorithm for Detecting and Resolving Anomalies in Data Federation”, Journal of Basic and Applied Scientific Research (JBASR) Indexed in Copernicus, ISSN: 2090-424x, JIF: 1.062, Vol. 6(6), pp. 21-31, June 2016.
- Ejaz Ahmed, Wardah Mehmood, Waseem Shahzad, “Severity & Validations of Erosion between the Planned & Implemented Architectures”, Journal of Independent Studies and Research on Computing (JISR), HEC Recognized, accepted ISI Indexed JIF: 0.483, December 2016.
- Waseem Shahzad, Ahsan Yawar, Ejaz Ahmed, “Drug Design and Discovery using Differential Evolution”, Journal of Applied Environmental and Biological Sciences (JAEBS), ISSN: 2090-4274, Vol. 6(12), ISI Indexed JIF 1.72, December 2016.
- Saba Luqman, Ejaz Ahmed, “Systematic Mapping: Database Tuning Progress in a Decade”, Journal of Basic and Applied Scientific Research (JBASR) Indexed in Copernicus, ISSN: 2090-424x, JIF: 1.062, Accepted, December 2016.
- Rabia Hassan, Waseem Shehzad, Ejaz Ahmed, “Location-Dependent Query Processing using Semantic Cache”, Journal of Independent Studies and Research on Computing (JISR), HEC Recognized, submitted, ISI Indexed JIF: 0.483, August 2016.
- Waseem Shahzad, Qamar Rehman, Ejaz Ahmed, “Missing Data Imputation using Genetic Algorithm for Supervised Learning”, International Journal of Circuits, Systems & Computers (IJCSC) ISI Indexed, Submitted, 2016.
- Arslan Ellahi, Waseem Shahzad, Ejaz Ahmed, Improving Feature Subset Selection Using Ant Colony Optimization Algorithm for Medical Data, Journal Cluster Computing-SPRINGER, IIF 1.54, submitted, November, 2016.
- Abdul Razzaq, Ejaz Ahmed, “Requirements Management Understanding Method: Requirement Change Management in Global Software Engineering”, Journal of IET Software, ISSN: 1751-8806, JCR2014, submitted, 2016.
- Ejaz Ahmed, Saleem Asghar, “Numerical Solution of Heat Conduction problem between to dissimilar bodies, Programming and Computation Analysis”, Journal of Numerical Computations and Software Technology, vol. (1), pp. 42-45, December 1994.
- Ejaz Ahmed, Books title ‘Developing Database Applications using Oracle PL/SQL Developer 9i’, ’Oracle SQL Plus A complete Reference Guide’, 3rd Edition, Ilmo Irfan Publisher, Lahore, 2002
- Ejaz Ahmed, Books title ‘Oracle SQL Plus A complete Reference Guide’, Ilmo Irfan Publisher, Lahore, 1999
PhD(Computer Science), University of BedfordShire, United Kingdom (2011)
M.Sc(Software Engineering), University of Coventary, United Kingdom (1995)
M.Phil(Philosophy Mathematics), Quaid-e-Azam University (QAU), Islamabad , Pakistan (1993)
- Database Systems
- Advance Database Management System
- Enterprise Information Systems/ ERP (SAP/ OracleApps)
- Data Warehousing & Mining
- Software Engineering
- Programming using C, Visual Basic and Java
- Web Programming using JSP/ PHP