Department of Computer Science
Dr Habib is serving as assistant professor of computer science at FAST National University of Computer and Emerging Sciences, Lahore Pakistan. Prior to this position, Habib served as assistant professor of computer science at COMSATS Institute of IT, Wah Cantt, Pakistan. He worked on his PhD thesis at Department of Computer Systems and Technology, University of Malaya, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia under the supervision of Dr. Liew Chee Sun (Senior Lecturer) and Dr. Teh Ying Wah (Associate Professor). He is working on big data mining systems for Internet of Things. His research covers a wide spectrum of application areas including smart cities, mobile social networks, Quantified self, mHealth and wearable assistive technologies among many others. The key research areas of his interest are: mobile computing, edge-cloud computing, Internet of Things, data mining, machine learning, and mobile distributed analytics. He has 23 publications on his credit including 12 ISI and 01 Scopus listed Journal and Magazine articles, 03 IEEE conference proceedings and 02 book chapters. Habib serves as reviewer ("The VLDB Journal, Springer" and "Statistics and Computing, Springer"), technical committee member (IEEE Systems, Man, and Cybernetics Society), and student member (IEEE Computational Intelligence Society). Overall he has more than 11 years experience of working in professional and research organizations.
Peer-reviewed Journal Articles:
- J. Arshad, M. A. Azad, M. M Abdellatif, M. H. Rehman, K. Salah, COLIDE: A Collaborative Intrusion Detection Framework for Internet of Things", IET Networks (Accepted for Publication)
- Z. Iqbal, M. A. Khan, M. Sharif, J. H. Shah, M. H. Rehman, K. Javed, An Automatic Detection and Classification of Citrus Plant Diseases using Image Processing Techniques: A Survey, Computers and Electronics in Agriculture, 2018(153), pp. 12-32. (Impact Factor: 2.427)
- U. Iqbal, T. Y. Wah, M. H. Rehman, Q. Mastoi, Usage of Model Driven Environment for the Classification of ECG Features: A Systematic Literature Review, IEEE Access (April, 2018) (Impact Factor: 3.244)
- I. Yaqoob, E. Ahmad, M. H. Rehman, A. I. A. Ahmad, M. A. Al-Garadi, M. Imran, M. Guizani, The Rise of Ransomware and Emerging Security Challenges in the Internet of Things, Computer Networks (September, 2017) (Impact Factor: 2.516)
- M. H. Rehman, P. P. Jayaraman, S. U. R. Malik, A. U. R. Khan, M. M. Gaber, RedEdge: A Novel Architecture for Big Data Processing in Mobile Edge Computing Environments, Journal of Sensor and Actuator Networks (2017) (Scopus-Indexed)
- B. Daghighi, M. L. M. Kiah, S. Iqbal, M. H. Rehman, and K. Martin, Host Mobility Key Management in Dynamic Secure Group Communication, Wireless Networks (2017), (Impact Factor: 1.006)
- M. H. Rehman, C. S. Liew, T. Y. Wah, and M. K. Khan, Towards Next-generation Heterogeneous Mobile Data Stream Mining Applications: Opportunities, Challenges, and Future Research Directions, Journal of Network and Computer Applications (2017). (Impact Factor: 2.33)
- M. H. Rehman, C. S. Liew, A. Abbas, P. P. Jayaraman, T. Y. Wah, and S. U. Khan, Big Data Reduction Methods: A Survey, Data Science and Engineering Journal (2016) 1(4) 265-284.
- J. Shuja, A. Gani, M. H. Rehman, R. W. Ahmad, E. Ahmed, S. A. Madani, M. K. Khan, and K. Ko, Towards Native Code Offloading based MCC Frameworks for Multimedia Applications: A Survey, Journal of Network and Computer Applications (2016). (Impact Factor: 2.33)
- M. H. Rehman, V. Chang, A. Batool, and T. Y. Wah, Big Data Reduction Framework for Value Creation in Sustainable Enterprises. International Journal of Information Management (2016). (Impact Factor: 2.69)
- J. Piri, S. Shamshirband, D. Petkovic, C. W. Tong, and M.H. Rehman, Prediction of the Solar Radiation on the Earth using Support Vector Regression Technique. Infrared Physics & Technology, 68, 179-185 (2015). (Impact Factor: 1.46)
- B. Daghighi, M. L. M. Kiah, S. Shamshirband, and M. H. Rehman, Toward Secure Group Communication in Wireless Mobile Environments: Issues, Solutions, and Challenges. Journal of Network and Computer Applications (2015), 50, 1-14. (Impact Factor: 1.772)
- M. H. Rehman, C. S. Liew, T. Y. Wah, J. Shuja, and B. Daghighi, Mining Personal Data using Smartphones and Wearable Devices: A Survey, Sensors 15, no. 2 (2015): 4430-4469. (Impact Factor: 2.245)
- M. H. Rehman, and A. Batool. The Concept of Pattern based Data Sharing in Big Data Environments. International Journal of Database Theory and Applications, 8(4), 11-18.
- A. Batool, M. H. Rehman, K. Ayyub, and W. Nisar, (2014). DAS: Personal Diabetes Management System. Research Journal of Applied Sciences, Engineering, and Technology (2014), 7(22), 4661-4670.
Peer-reviewed Magazine Articles:
- M. H. Rehman et al. Big Data Analytics in Industrial IoT using Concentric Computing Model, (February, 2018), IEEE Communication Magazine, Vol. 56 (2), 37-43. (Impact Factor: 10.435)
- M. H. Rehman, C. S. Liew, T. Y. Wah, A. Batool, and A. R. Khan. "Execution Models for Mobile Data Analytics." IEEE IT Professional (2017). Vol. 19 (3), 24-30. (Impact Factor: 1.067)
International Conference Articles
- M. H. Rehman, C. S. Liew, T. Y. Wah, A. Iqbal, and P. P. Jayaraman, Opportunistic Computation Offloading in Mobile Edge Cloud Computing Environments, In 2016 17th IEEE International Conference on Mobile Data Management (MDM), vol. 1, pp. 208-213.
- M. H. Rehman, C. S. Liew, and T. Y. Wah, UniMiner: Towards a Unified Framework for Data Mining, In IEEE Information and Communication Technologies (WICT), 2014 Fourth World Congress on, pp. 134-139. 2014.
- M. H. Rehman, C. S. Liew, and T. Y. Wah, Frequent Pattern Mining in Mobile Devices: A Feasibility Study, In IEEE Information Technology and Multimedia (ICIMu), 2014 International Conference on, pp. 351-356. 2014.
- M. H. Rehman, A. R. Khan, and A. Batool, Big Data Analytics in Mobile and Cloud Computing Environments, In Innovative Research and Applications in Next-Generation High Performance Computing, pp. 349-367. IGI Global, 2016.
- M. H. Rehman, P. P. Jayaraman, C. Perera, The Emergence of Edge-centric Distributed IoT Analytics Platforms, In Book Internet of Things Concepts, Technologies, Applications, and Implementations, CRC Press, Taylor & Francis Group, USA, 2017.
Field of Interest:
- Mobile Distributed Analytics
- Mobile Edge computing
- Mobile Cloud computing
- Big Data Analytics and Processing in MECC Systems
- Middleware Architectures for IoTs in MECC Environments
- Ph.D, University of Malaya, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia (2017)
- Master of Computer Science (MCS), COMSATS Institute of IT, Wah Cantt, Pakistan (2013)
- Bachelor of Computer Science (BCS), Virtual University of Pakistan, Pakistan (2010)