Department of Computer Science
Dr. Taimur Bakhshi holds a Ph.D. in computer science, specializing in software defined networking from the Department of Computing & Mathematics, University of Plymouth, UK. His academic credentials also include an M.Sc. in network systems engineering completed with distinction from University of Plymouth and a B.Sc. in electronic engineering from Pakistan. Prior to starting his academic career, Dr. Bakhshi worked for more than five years in IT incident management and network engineering roles for BlackBerry Ltd. and Orange SA (France Telecom). He holds Associate Fellowship of the Higher Education Academy (HEA), U.K and is a professional member of the British Computer Society (BCS) and the Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers (IEEE). His present research focuses on software defined networking, network measurements, Internet traffic classification, and systems security.Journal Publications
- T. Bakhshi, State of the Art and Recent Research Advances in Software Defined Networking, Wireless Communications and Mobile Computing, vol. 2017, Article ID 7191647, 35 pages, 2017. DOI:10.1155/2017/7191647
- T. Bakhshi and B. Ghita: On Internet Traffic Classification: A Two-Phased Machine Learning Approach.Journal of Computer Networks and Communications, vol. 2016, Article ID 2048302, 21 pages, 2016.Hindawi Publishing. DOI:10.1155/2016/2048302
- T. Bakhshi, M. Papadaki and S. Furnell: Social engineering: assessing vulnerabilities in practice. Information Management & Computer Security 03/2009; 17(1):53-63. Emerald Publishing. DOI:10.1108/09685220910944768
- T. Bakhshi and B. Ghita: User-centric network provisioning in software defined data center environments. 41stIEEE Local Computer Networks Conference, Dubai, 7-9 Nov 2016.
- T. Bakhshi and B. Ghita: OpenFlow-Enabled user traffic profiling in campus software defined networks. 12th IEEEInternational Wireless & Mobile Comp. Conference, New York.17-19 Oct 2016.
- T. Bakhshi and B. Ghita: User-centric traffic optimization in residential software defined networks. 23rd International Conference on Telecommunications, Thessaloniki, Greece, 14-16 May 2016.
- T. Bakhshi and B. Ghita: Traffic Profiling: Evaluating Stability in Multi-device User Environments. The 30th IEEE International Conference on Advanced Information Networking and Applications, Crans-Montana, Switzerland, March 23-25, 2016.
- T. Bakhshi and B. Ghita: User Traffic Profiling In a Software Defined Networking Context. Sixth International Conference on Internet Technologies and Applications, Wrexham, U.K., September 8-11, 2015. [Best paper award]
- T.Bakhshi, M. Papadaki and S.Furnell: A Practical Assessment of Social Engineering Vulnerabilities. Second International Symposium on Human Aspects of Information Security & Assurance, Plymouth, U.K, July 11-13, 2008
- Ph.D(Software Defined Networking), University of Plymouth, U.K (2016)
- M.Sc(Network Systems Engineering), University of Plymouth, U.K (2008)
- B.Sc(Electrical Engineering), University of Azad Jammu Kashmir, Pakistan (2006)